Emma Coats just gave an inspiring talk at Gulltaggen. She is the women behind the famous list “Pixar’s 22 rules of Storytelling“. She told us how to create a good story – and what basics need to be a building block to your brand identity.
What’s a story?
A story is a character that wants something and takes action to do it.
What does a story do?
It creates a shared experience, and creates relationships.
3 elements to a good story.
A message, and execution and a character.
What is your brands message?
Is your message clear enough in the content that you are creating.
So what do you need to focus on?
- Structure is your roadmap to keeping your audience interested.
- What is the simplest way to deliver the message? It need to be really simple.
- You need to make the audience understand the conflict in your story and the stakes it brings.
- Reversals. Don’t be obvious in your story, think of things that will surprise your audience.
- Leave a gap in the story, don’t tell everything. Let the audience discover the story themselves.
Remember. The audience want’s to be enthralled, delighted and connected. Take time to create an inspirering story.